Sunday 3 August 2014

Post 2. First Day in Napa

Hi All,

it took me 22 odd hours to get to San Fran from Mt Gambier. Slept like a log last night. The Hotel I'm in in Napa is pretty awesome, a bit too flash for me but i'll make do. First impressions ?
  • Eucalypt trees are everywhere. Its like driving around anywhere in Australia, feels like home.
  • People are very friendly.
  • Food is great
I spent 5 hours this morning (Sunday) walking all around Napa city. Its a very clean neat town with plenty of people walking around. Had a swim this afternoon and i'm currently relaxing with a beer. Below are some pics I took I thought were a bit interesting. The first pic is of a dog walking get-together I stumbled across this morning. When I took the photo they were having a dog kissing competition. It was pretty gross, both dogs and owners were using tounge!

I'm being picked up tomorrow to start inductions and training on the vintage software they use here.

Walk the dog morning
Tesla car. All electric only car plugged into its charging station
Plenty of houses like this
Cool paint job on the fire truck
World Trade Centre Memorial. The steel poles are from the destroyed towers.

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment