Tuesday 12 August 2014

Post 6. Photo break

Hi All,

I hope you are not too cold back in Australia. It is warm and dry over here in California. There is a bad drought on  here at the moment and the Coyote's chewing the dripper tube is a constant issue at North Canyon. Another problem they have here I can relate to is Iron Bacteria in their bores. There is a guy in Santa Maria who says he can fix it by getting the water pH down to 2 with sulphuric acid. I cant remember if we tried sulphuric acid or just hydrochloric acid at our vineyards? Anyway, I've also seen caltrop, skeleton weed and they are reporting light brown apple moth has been spotted at a couple of the vineyards in the area. On the plus side there is no downy mildew in California and so they don't spray copper in their vineyards except for one after budburst. why, they couldn't tell me, its something tech viti tell them to do.

Boy's, I havn't spotted a bear yet. The guys tell me there is a group of four black bears that live in the hills around the vineyard. ive looked a bit each night but so far, nada. The workers here are on alert and the call over the two ways is "osso", that's Spanish for bear. I'll keep looking each night.

Below are some photos of Pismo beach I forgot to add last post and some more photos of North Canyon vineyard, its really a stunning location.

Hasta pronto

Scott

North Canyon Vineyard, Vinestar picking in block in front of me

Panorama shot, North Canyon

And Another

Pellenc SP's picking B grade Pinot Noir

Another shot of the Pellenc's

Gondola tipping

Pismo beach from pier looking nth

Pismo beach nth side

Pismo beach sth side of pier

Pier at Pismo beach

looking back towards Pismo from end of pier

And another

Old bells at San Luis Obispo mission built 1772

Queue for lunch at Splash Café, Pismo beach. A famous lunch place.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment